Thursday, August 12, 2010

homELearning Activity 2 (S1-07: 21_Yeo Jun Jie (Responses)

I accidentally attached my responses in the email. Here is the response:

Picture 1 (a)


The picture is focused on the rickshaw puller. There is a motorcyclist riding on a motorcycle riding towards the rickshaw puller. Traveling on the rickshaw are a child and a man. They could be related to each other. The setting is on a very busy street which was full of vehicles. I think this may be the reason why the motorcycle was traveling on the pavement. This place may be in a third world country. I think this is so as the rickshaw puller does not wear any shoes. I think that he does not earn enough money to buy shoes. I think that the story behind this picture is that the motorcyclist had no space to ride on the road, therefore, he rode on the street without considering the people on the road, especially rickshaw riders that are pulling passengers around. The photographer is trying to tell us that third world countries are very unfortunate that they do not have what we have in a modern day metropolis like Singapore and we should cherish what we have. What I dislike about the photograph is that the photographer portrayed the bad side of the place. If I were the photographer, I would take a photo of the better side of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment